When a life-limiting prenatal diagnosis is made, parents are devastated. They often leave their appointment with little information and little support with decision-making. Studies reveal they feel abandoned by the health care system (Horning, Braun 2006). In reality, there is no continuum of care for families who choose to continue the pregnancy.
Perinatal ComfortCare is committed to advancing the cause of perinatal palliative care by offering quality training and consultation to healthcare professionals and organizations.
Our continuing education workshop, “A Framework for Providing Compassion, Hope and Expert Guidance to Families Who Continue a Pregnancy with a Life-limiting Prenatal Diagnosis” will equip you or your staff with the resources and tools to provide comprehensive, compassionate, and professional care to families who continue a pregnancy with a life-limiting prenatal diagnosis.
Some topics we cover:
- Overview of perinatal palliative care
- The nurse’s role as the “key relationship” builder
- The unique emotions of families who have received a life-limiting prenatal diagnosis.
- Identifying appropriate candidates for perinatal palliative care
- Advance Care Planning and its importance in the care of the family with a life-limiting prenatal diagnosis.
For more information on our perinatal pallative care workshop offerings, please contact our office